1. User Registration: Require users to register for an account and collect information such as their address, phone number, complete name and ask them to store charge card information directly on the website.
2. IP Address Monitoring: Keep a blacklist and whitelist of known malicious and safe IP addresses. When an IP comes up on a blacklist, require a telephone call with the client to verify the info in the order and ensure that the order is legitimate.
3. Suspicious Activity: In case a customer places a small order and then returns later in the day to place a more substantial order, ensure that this isn’t a con to check if a credit card works. As opposed to declining the order, call the client to verify the order and collect information necessary to verify their identity.
4. Unusual Orders: 파워사다리 If the client posseses an account and they normally purchase significantly less than $50 worth of merchandise, take an extra day to ship the item if large and erratic orders suddenly come through. Twenty-four hours usually provides sufficient time for a customer to report a lost or stolen charge card, and this protects the business from fraud.
5. Security Holes: Ensure that the internet site ordering process doesn’t have any security holes that allow a person to enter incorrect information. For instance, require the CVN code and expiration date to fit the charge card number used. If a credit card number gets lost or stolen however the holder maintains the physical card, these numbers aren’t typically readily available.
6. Application Updates: Keep your applications up-to-date and fix all software security holes immediately. If you are using a commercial shopping cart application solution, ensure that you sign up to updates and fix any software holes as updates become available.
7. Identity Verification: Use advanced real-time charge card authentication methods provided by a third-party service to ensure all charge cards processed are legitimate. If the card holder participates in a verification program, make those programs available on the internet site so that the card holder must use additional security measures to place their orders.
8. Reporting Criminal Activity: Make it clear on the internet site that criminal activity gets reported to the FBI. It will help customers feel more secure and may thwart a criminal from attempting to use stolen financial information on your own site.
9. Detecting Proxies and VPNs: Have a system in destination for a detect when customers interact with a VPN or proxy. VPNs and proxies mask the actual IP address, which prevents the business from determining if the client is legitimate.
10. Payer Authentication: Store sensitive customer information in a secure format and only collect customer information when using a highly secure SSL certificate.